Efficiency basics for common areas
Energy efficiency is becoming increasingly common. If your building is not improving, it's falling behind. Download the energy basics for your building type and share it with your executive committee.
Strata living is wonderful but it can also be complex. Thankfully there’s plenty of support available:
- Smart Blocks (national): A service tailored for apartment building common areas. Use the online tool to guide your energy projects.
- Positive Charge (ViC): An independent, free energy advisory service, including product and supplier referrals. Supported by local councils.
- Yarra Energy Foundation (Vic): Practical advice to help Yarra residents make their homes and lifestyles more efficient.
- Alternative Technology Association (national): A not-for-profit organisation that enables and inspires people to live sustainably.
- Consumer Affairs Victoria: Information on owners corporations, and rights and responsibilities of members and managers.
- Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria: If your owners corporation is experiencing conflict, try the DSCV’s free dispute resolution mediation service funded by the Victorian Government.
- Strata Community Australia (national): Industry body for owners corporation.